What Are the Different Parts of a Window?
Look at the windows on your home. Can you name their components? If you’re in the market for new windows, it is helpful to get acquainted with the terminology that professionals may use to describe and recommend window options to you. Here are some of the main parts of a replacement window that you should know:
- Frame – This is the framework that surrounds and supports the entire window system, and it is comprised of the head, jamb, and sill.
- Head – This is the main horizontal member forming the top of the window frame.
- Jambs – These are the main vertical parts forming the sides of a window frame.
- Sill – A sill is the main horizontal member forming the bottom of a window frame.
- Pane – A pane is a framed sheet of glass within a window frame.
- Sash – This is a single assembly of stiles and frames that are made into a frame for holding glass.
Turn to SpringHouse Window & Door
If you want to invest in top-quality replacement windows for your home in the Southeastern Pennsylvania or Wilmington, Delaware, area, turn to the lauded professionals at SpringHouse Window & Door. We have been serving the community since 1989, and have developed a strong reputation for providing industry-leading products, expert installations, and world-class customer service.
As our customer, you’ll be able to choose from wood, fiberglass, and vinyl windows that are crafted by renowned brands like Marvin and Sunrise and designed to provide exceptional beauty, durability, and energy efficiency. We will use our unmatched expertise to help you navigate our selection and choose the best windows for your home, taste, and budget. Contact our friendly and knowledgeable team at SpringHouse Window & Door today to learn more about having new windows installed at your home.