Should You Repair or Replace Your Windows?
Your windows are one of the most important components of your home, affecting everything from your comfort and security to your home’s energy efficiency, value, and curb appeal. That’s why the quality of your windows is so important, and why you should be able to appropriately discern when it is time to repair your windows or replace them entirely.
When to Repair Your Windows
- Cracked or broken glass – When only the glass is damaged, you don’t need to replace the entire window. Single-pane windows can be effectively and inexpensively repaired by you or a glazier, and when multi-paned glass is broken or cracked, you can look into a sash replacement.
- Stuck sashes – One common problem of older windows is upper or lower sashes that are bonded by layers of paint. In this instance, there are handy tools available that can cut through these layers and fix this issue.
- Worn-out caulking – If your windows are drafty due to cracked or peeled caulking, you can easily remedy it by applying new caulk along the gaps.
When to Replace Your Windows
- Foggy windows – Foggy windows are caused by water condensing inside your window’s double- or triple-paned insulated glass unit (IGU). Because even the most competent window technician can’t disassemble and rebuild an IGU, replacement is the only option.
- Rot – Rot is typically the result of excessive water exposure, which can lead to mold and become detrimental to the structural integrity of the windows.
- Warped frames – If your windows have changed in shape due to stress caused by moisture, weather, or actual failure of the window mechanisms, it’s time for a replacement.
SpringHouse Window & Door
If you want to invest in the best replacement windows for your home, turn to SpringHouse Window & Door. We offer masterfully crafted wood, fiberglass, and vinyl replacement windows that are designed by some of the most renowned manufacturers in the industry, including Sunrise and Marvin.
These doors provide exceptional energy efficiency, durability, and beauty, and they’ll be expertly installed to ensure they offer optimal performance benefits long into the future. Contact us today to learn more!